3A Molecular Sieves is an alkali metal aluminosilicate; it is the potassium form of the type A crystal structure.Type 3A has an effective pore opening of about 3 angstroms (0.3nm). This is large enough to allow in moisture, but excludes molecules such as unsaturated hydrocarbons which can potentially form polymers; and this maximizes lifetime when dehydrating such molecules.
1. Separation of enriched oxygen from air.
2. Production of medical or bulk oxygen in PSA units.
3. Removal of co2 and moisture from air (air pre-purification)and other gases.
4. Catalyst protection , removal of oxygenates from hydrocarbons(olefin streams)
5. Removal of mercaptans and hydrogen sulphide from hydrocarbon liquid streams such as LPG, butane, propane etc.
|Static water adsorption||≥%wt||21.5||21.5||21.5||21.5|
|Loss on ignition||≤%wt||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|Loss on attrition||≤%wt||0.1||0.1||0.2||0.2|